It's that time of year again where Perennial flowers come out in full bloom and the transition from the cold winter days is finally over! Spring is our favorite time of year at Perennial. There's just nothing like a fresh loaf of banana walnut bread coming out of the oven to top of the season. Below is a recipe for our favorite vegan and gluten-free banana walnut loaf.
- 3 overripe bananas- mashed
- 1/4 c Perennial Nutrition
- 1/3 c coconut sugar
- 1/2 c dairy-free yogurt (I used cashew yogurt)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 c gluten-free oat flour
- 1 c almond flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 c sprouted walnuts - chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Great a 8.5” X 4.5” loaf pan with coconut oil.
- Place bananas in a large mixing bowl. Use a potato masher or fork to mash them well. Add almond milk, coconut sugar, dairy free yogurt, vanilla extract and chia seeds- stir well to combine,
- Add oat flour, almond flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Stir until combined. Fold in chopped walnuts.
- Pour into a loaf pan. Bake for 50 mins to an hour, or until knife comes out clean. If your loaf looks like its getting too brown, tent with tin foil on top after 50 mins.
- Once done, let cool in the pan for 15 mins then remove it from the pan and place on a cooling rack to cool completely before slicing.
- When ready to eat, top with a little vegan butter, Manuka honey and bee pollen!
- Store leftovers tightly wrapped in plastic wrap or foil.
Let us know your thoughts in the comments below! This banana walnut loaf is great as it contains no gluten or even dairy...it's entirely plant-based and taste delicious.