Try this delicious beet salad recipe with a glass of Perennial Daily Gut & Brain for a delicious and nutritious lunch or dinner.
- 1 yellow beet
- 1 purple beet
- 1 cup arugula
- 1 tsp high quality olive oil
- 1/4 tsp red wine vinegar
- Pinch of fresh cracked pepper
- 1/2 tsp vegan feta cheese (optional)
- 1/2 tsp pine nuts
- Few slices of candy stripped beet
- 1 tbsp roasted onion jam
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut off stems, wash and wrap beets in tinfoil. Place onto a baking sheet and into the oven once heated.
- Allow beets to cook for 25 mins (for tennis ball size) - or until soft (depends on size of beet).
- Once beets are tender, take out of oven, unwrap from tinfoil. Under running water rub off the skin of the beets. Set onto a paper towel to absorb excess liquid. Slice to cool.
- Meanwhile, mix together arugula, olive oil, red wine vinegar and fresh cracked pepper.
- Smear roasted onion jam across plate. Place toasted arugula, sliced beets, feta cheese, pine nuts, candy stripped beets, a bit more freshly cracked pepper and enjoy!