Who doesn't love a warm and spicy chai latte when the weather is cold? Have you ever tried using some spices from your cabinet to give it that authentic taste? Check out Perennial's take on a chai latte recipe - caffeine and caffeine-free options included:
CHAI LATTE RECIPE (CAFFEINE VERSION)
- 1 teabag of chai (We like Mighty Leaf Tea.)
- 8 oz of Perennial Daily Gut & Brain
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ginger
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 3 tsp monk fruit sweetener (We like Lankanto Monkfruit Sweetener.)
- star anise (optional)
- Brew chai in 8 oz of water and let steep 4 minutes.
- Separately blend or froth Perennial Daily Gut & Brain Vanilla, cinnamon, ginger, ground cloves and monk fruit, until well blended. (We used a Magic Bullet).
- Heat mixture in microwave for 60 to 90 seconds.
- Pour Perennial mixture into 4 oz of the brewed chai, top with star anise & enjoy!
- Optional: Add 2-3 oz to a Nespresso Frother which will turn it into micro-foam (delicious!)