Photography & Recipe from Amy Holt
- 1 c brown sugar
- 1 c granulated sugar
- 1 c vegan, plant-based butter
- 2 tbsp of Ground Flax Seeds with 6 tbsp of Water (Equivalent to 2 eggs)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 c flour
- 2 c oatmeal
- 8 oz chocolate chips
- 1 c shredded coconut
- Set butter aside to thaw to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Once butter is room temperature, cream sugars and butter together; add
- flax eggs (premixed ground flax and water) and beat well.
- Add salt, baking powder, baking soda vanilla; mix thoroughly.
- Stir in flour and oatmeal.
- Add chocolate chips and coconut.
- Mold dough into golf ball-size rounds.
- Place on greased baking sheet; press down on each ball to slightly flatten.
- Bake for 6 minutes.