Looking for a delicious way to change up your chocolate chip cookies? Try adding coconut to give them a nutty boost. Check out our plant-based, chocolate chip coconut cookie recipe (say that 3 times fast) and taste for yourself. For the ultimate treat, enjoy your freshly baked cookies with a vanilla Perennial.
PERENNIAL CHOCOLATE CHIP COCONUT COOKIE RECIPE
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup vegan, plant-based butter
- 2 tbsp of ground flax seeds with 6 tbsp of water (equivalent to 2 eggs)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups oatmeal
- 8 oz chocolate chips
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- Set butter aside to thaw to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Once butter is room temperature, cream sugars and butter together; add flax eggs (premixed ground flax and water) and beat well.
- Add salt, baking powder, baking soda and vanilla; mix thoroughly.
- Stir in flour and oatmeal.
- Add chocolate chips and coconut.
- Mold dough into golf ball-size rounds.
- Place on greased baking sheet; press down on each ball to slightly flatten.
- Bake for 6 minutes.