We don't really know whether to celebrate that there is a National Chocolate Chip Day (May 15) or scratch our heads about why it isn't EVERY day. Whether you commemorate once a year or 365 times, please allow us to share our favorite recipe.
CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE RECIPE
Dry Mixture Ingredients
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cornstarch
Wet Mixture Ingredients
- 3/4 cup vegan butter, softened
- 1/4 cup Perennial Daily Gut & Brain - Vanilla
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Set aside two baking sheets.
- Whisk all dry ingredients in a mixing bowl, set aside.
- In a separate bowl, cream butter together with Perennial, and sugars. Beat until smooth.
- Add half of the dry mixture to the wet ingredients and stir. When the first half is combined, add the second half and stir again until all are combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Shape dough into balls (or use a cookie scoop) and place on baking sheets. Tip: Try to form the dough balls approximately the same size for consistent bake times.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes. Cookies will be slightly golden brown. Note, they will continue to bake even after you have removed from the oven, so be careful not to overbake.
- Enjoy your fresh-from-the-oven warm chocolate chip cookies with the remaining chilled Perennial for a delicious and nutritious treat.