Matcha has been gaining popularity in the US in recent years, thanks to a high level of antioxidants and other health benefits. However in Japan, where matcha is grown, it has been used in traditional ceremonies for over 800 years.
What part of the leaf that is consumed is the main difference between matcha and its green-tea cousins. Matcha is made up of the entire leaf, ground into a powder. Green tea is made by steeping the leaves. So you consume the whole tea leaf with matcha and drink the tea flavored water with green tea.
MATCHA LATTE RECIPE
- 2 - 3 tsp of matcha (depending on strength preference)
- 2oz boiling water
- 8oz Perennial Daily Gut & Brain - Vanilla
1. Add boiling water to matcha and whisk by hand (or use a frother) until well blended.
2. Warm up Perennial in a microwave-safe container for 60 - 90 seconds, being careful not to boil.
3. Add Perennial to matcha mixture, whisk/froth until blended.